Heating pads have gained more and more popularity in the last few years for one good reason: they efficiently alleviate back pain. Are you wondering how these pads work? They help the blood vessels dilate; this, in turn, helps increase the blood flow in all affected areas. This is how pain is alleviated. Since there are many designs to choose from and a wide selection available on the market, it might be difficult for a beginner to make a good choice. If you need some help and guidance, check out the list below and find out how to select the heating pad which is best for you. There are just a few details to consider when you make such an investment and if you do that, you will surely end up spending your money wisely. Here is the list of things to consider:
- Type: You can select from a wide variety of electric heating pads, moist heating pads and infrared heating pads. We highly recommend the moist heating pads, as they are highly versatile, they promote faster pain relief thanks to the fact that they quickly penetrate the skin and you don’t lose your mobility while you wear them. An electric pad will force you to stay in the same place and this simply isn’t comfortable.
- Type of ailment- What is the type of the pain affecting you? Which body part do you wish to obtain pain relief for? For example, a neck wrap is a good choice for those suffering from chronic neck pain. If you are affected by chronic lower back pain, then you need a heating pad which can modify its shape. Those searching for something flexible and versatile should get an amazing heating pad made by Geniani.
- Size- This is another detail to consider if you want to select the right heating pad. You need to opt for something convenient, so search for that model which suits your needs. If you only experience, for example, neck pain, then a smaller heating pad is enough but if you have problems around a larger area, get a larger heating pad; this is how you will obtain the right amount of coverage.
- Heat up time- Don’t get something which takes a long time to heat up, especially if you have a busy schedule. Some models only need a few seconds to heat; these are the ones that we recommend.
- Dry vs moist heat- Exposure to dry heat might cause the skin to dehydrate, thus leading to skin problems. In addition to this, it takes a bit longer for dry heat to penetrate the skin; moist heat usually penetrates the skin three times faster than dry heat, so we recommend a moist heating pad.
- Material- There are no special conditions here. We recommend a material that feels comfortable, something which effectively distributes the heat and which is machine washable.
Check out the details above and we can assure you of the fact that you will spend your money on a product which is worth your attention.